Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Vellimalainathar Temple (Temple of Rajathagreeswarar) is a Hindu temple in Thiru Thangur In the Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur. The place ‘s historic name is Tiru Thengur.
- Moolavar : Vellimalai Nathar
- Amman / Thayar : Perianayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Coconut
- Theertham : Sivagangai
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiru Thengur
- Location : Thiru Thangur,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
It is one of 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams shrines-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil Saivite Nayanar Thirugnana Sambandar in the early mediaeval poem Thevaram.
This is the 233rd Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 116th Sthalam in Chozha Nadu, on the south side of River Cauvery.
The temple faces west. It is considered that the temples facing the west are more merciful than those facing them Eastern.