Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Aappudayar Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated at Sellur in Madurai District of Tamilnadu. This Temple is also named as Thiru Aappanoor. This temple lies in the shadow of Madurai Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple.
- Moolavar :Appudayar, Idapuresar (Vrusharesar) Anna Vinodhan, Appanur Nathar
- Amman / Thayar :Sugantha Kundalambikai, Kuravangazh Kuzhali
- Thala Virutcham : Kondrai
- Theertham : Vaigai, Vrushaba Theertha
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Thiruvappanur
- Location : Sellur,Madurai,Tamil Nadu.
The Pandya Kings and the Royal Sethupathi kings made many contributions to this temple, but the thousands of tourists thronging Madurai are little aware of its history.
The temple is praised in the hymns of Saint Thirugnana
This is the 246th Padal Devaram Petra Shiva Sthalam and Pandya Nadu ‘s 2nd Sthalam.