Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The temple is on the banks of the Manimutharu River. Also named this temple as Thirumudukundram or Pazha malai. It just means a great old peak.
- Moolavar :Vruddha Giriswararar ,pazhamalai Nathar,Mudhu Kundrar
- Amman / Thayar : Vruddhambikai, (Balambikai – Ilaya Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni tree
- Theertham :Manimutha River, Nityananda Koopam,Agni, Chakra Theertham, Kubera Theertham
- Agamam / Pooja : Kameekam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirumudhukundram
- Location : Virudhachalam,Cuddalore,Tamil Nadu.
Lord Shiva is Swayambumurthy in the temple. Girivalamcumambula
The hill is at every Poornima-full position
The days of the moon. The Holy Tree of Vanni is more than 1700 years old.
It is the devotee’s confidence that salvation is assured if he/she is born in the city, or sleep in the town, or pray to the Lord, or Even thinking of Him though elsewhere and dying in this Place.
The place was known in Tamil as Pazhamalai during the days of Saivite Saints Appar, Gnanasambandar and Sundarar and in the days that followed it transformed into the Sanskrit version Vruddhachalam. Vruddham means the hill of the ancient and of Achalam.
The Vanni tree is 1700 years old, investigators claim.
Sundarar went by this place without singing the glory of Oh, Lord.