Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 13th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Velladai Eswarar, Sri Velvidai Nathar, Sri Ratnagireeswarar, Sri Swetha Rishabeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Kaviyangkanni Amman, Sri Neelothpava Visalakshi
- Theertham (Holy water):Velvidai Theertham (a well) / Paalkinaru
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location:Thirukkurukavur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This temple facing east has a single passageway. While there is no main tower (Rajagopuram) or dwajasthambam (Flag post) at the entrance, there is a lovely archway.
It is assumed that the water in the well of this temple will turn white on the New Moon Day of Thai Tamil Month.
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Kumbabishekam) was performed on 18.06.1986.