Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 17th Shiva Sthalams at Nadu Naadu. Lord Shiva in this temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. It is said that this temple is the first of the 1008 renowned Shiva temples.
- Moolavar : Vamanapureeswarar, Manicka Varadar
- Amman / Thayar : Ambujakshi, Manickavalli
- Thala Virutcham : Kondrai
- Theertham : Swetha and Kedila Rivers
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirumanikuzhi
- Location : Tirumanikuzhi,Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
This temple facing east has three corridors (Prakarams) with a main tower (Rajagopuram) 5-tiered.
The final ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 28.10.2012.
The temple is located on the southern banks of the Gadilam River and at the Capper Hills foothill. It is assumed that the ancient Emperors Thirisangu and Harichandra restored this temple. It had also been strengthened during the Chola kings’ period. Vamanapuri, Indiralogam and Bheemasangama Kshetram are historical names of this area.