Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Padal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 16th Shiva Sthalam in Nadu Naadu. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolar:Sri Vadukeeswarar, Sri Panchanadeeswarar,Sri Vadukurnathar
- Ambal:Sri Tiripurasundari, Sri Vaduvakirkanni
- Theertham (Holy water):Vamanadeva Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location:Thiru Vadukur (Thiruvandarkoil),Puducherry.
Lord Vadukeeswarar, the lord of this temple, leans slightly to the left side. There is no flag post (Dwajasthambam) in this temple.
The main tower of this east facing temple is not tiered. There is a beautiful sculpture in place of the Gopuram depicting Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy.
It is assumed that this temple was built by the Chola King Paranthakan-I.It is built in a style that is similar to that of Tanjore temple but it is much smaller in size.
The historical name of this place is Vadukur and that of the temple is Andarkoil. Nevertheless, over a period of time, the name of this location was changed to Thiru Andarkoil.