Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 11th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern side of the River Cauvery. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Swetharanyeswarar, Sri Venkaattu Nathar.
- Ambal:Sri Brahma Vidhyambigai.
- Theertham (Holy water):Surya, Chandra and Agni Theerthams.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vadavaal, Vilvam and Kondrai trees.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Thiruvenkadu, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of Navagraha ‘s famous “parihara sthalam”-depicted here is Lord Budhan (Mercury).
This is one of the 51 Shakthi Peetams, lauded here as “Pranava Shakthi” by the Goddess Parvathy.
This temple is one of the six Shiva Sthalams that are deemed to be equal in importance to Kasi (Banaras) on the banks of the river Cauvery. The others are (1) Thiruvaiyaru, (2) Mayiladuthurai, (3) Thiruvidaimaruthur, (4) Chayaavanam, and (5) Thiruvanchiyam.