Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Someswaran Temple is a dedicated Hindu temple to Shiva, situated in Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu , India.
- Moolavar : Someswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Thenar Mozhial, Somasundari
- Theertham : Mahamaga Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Kudanthaikaronam
- Location : Kumbakonam,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
After the great flood-Pralaya-took place, Lord Brahmma was very upset, and was in a dilemma as from where he had to start life again.
He gave in for guidance to Lord Shiva. “Gather sand from as many holy places as possible and combine it with nectar and make a Mayakumbam-pot,” Lord Shiva said.
Fill this pot with nectar and hold seed from development – Srushti Beeja. Drop a coconut onto the pot and decorate with leaves of mango.