Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Pazhaiyarai Someswarar Temple, or Pazhaiyarai Vadathali, is a Someswarar Hindu temple, a Shiva form. It is located 6 km from Kumbakonam on Kumbakonam- Aavoor Road, 2 km from Patteeswaram Thenupuriswarar Temple, and 3 km from Darasuram.
- Moolavar:Sri Somanathar, Sri Somesar.
- Ambal:Sri Somakamalambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Soma Theertham, Jatayu Theertham, Indra Theertham, Kamala Theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Amla tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by : Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location:Pazhayarai Vadathali, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 24th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
This place was a part of the Chola capital in ancient times and many Chola kings ruled from Pazhayarai. Pazhayarai was a wide city that spanned 8 kms in length and 3.5 kms in width during that period. It consisted of many villages such as Patteswaram, Muzhayur, Udayalur, Shakti Mutram, Cholan Maligai, Darasuram and Ramanathan Koil (where the king’s palace was located). Pazhaiyarai was composed of 4 Lines.
This temple facing the east has two corridors and its main tower (Rajagopuram) is dilapidated / unfinished. Its second entrance tower is 3-thirds high.