Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Sivagurunathaswamy temple is one of the Padal Petra Stalam, Hindu Deity, Shiva temples worshipped in the Tevaram by poets of the 7th Century. It is situated near Kumbakonam, in Sivapuram.
- Moolavar :Sivagurunathaswami, Sivapureeswarar,Brahmmapureeswarar, Sivapuranathar
- Amman / Thayar : Aryambal, Singaravalli, Perianayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Shenbagam (not existing now)
- Theertham :Chandrapushkarini, Sundaratheerthaopposite to the other
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name :Kuberapuram, Bhookailas,Shenbagaranyam are other names
- Location : Sivapuram,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 67th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
This is the only Shiva temple in which devotees conduct “Angapradakshinam.”
This temple facing east has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram). No flag post (dwajasthambam) appears here.
Saint Manickavasakar also made pathigam here in praise of the lord.