Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 57 Shiva Sthalams at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Sakalabuvaneswarar
- Ambal:Sri Minnum Megalaiyaal, Sri Vidhyudh Megalambal
- Theertham (Holy water):Surya Pushkarini
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location:Thirumiyachur , Ilangkovil, Thiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
This “Ilam Koil” (temple inside a temple) is located right within the Temple of Thirumiyachur.
The shrines of Ilamkoil ‘s major deities-Sri Sakalabhuvaneswarar and Minnum Megalaiyaal goddess are located in the main temple ‘s northern corridor.
It is claimed that the King Rajendra Chola and Queen Sembian Maadevi restored this ancient temple.