Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Arulmigu Pushpavaneswarar Swamy Temple is in the district of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. This is one of the 276 Shiva Sthalams of Devara Paadal Petra.
- Moolavar : Pushpavaneswarar, Adipuranar, Poyyiliar
- Amman / Thayar :Soundaryanayaki, Azhagalamarndhan Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Vilwa
- Theertham :Surya theertham, Kashyapa theertham,Ganga, Cauveri, Agni theertham.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirupoonduruthi
- Location : Melai Tirupoonduruthi,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
According to the scriptures, Cauvery was born from Sage Agasthya’s Kamandala water (pot carried by rishis) when it was set upside down by a crow. Via Senthalai, Andili, Vellambiyur, Arcot, Kandiyur, Tiruchotruthurai, Tirupazhanam, Tiruvaiyaru, Tiruneithanam and up to Sathanur it flowed eastward and stagnated as a sea.
Places were submerged in between such as Konerirajapuram, Karuppur, Nadukaveri, Tiruvalampozhil, Tirupoonturuthi.
Indira, the king of Devas in the heavenly world, worshipped Lord Iyarappar, took the Cauvery further east, and made fertile places. Kandiyur was the first on the route on this sprint.