Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 2nd Shiva Sthalam in Nadu Naadu. Lord Shiva in this temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. This temple has two corridors and its 5-third main tower (Rajagopuram) has.
The sanctum sanctorum vimanam (roof tower) was designed according to architectural design of Gaja Brishtam.
- Moolavar :Pralayakaleswarar – Sudar Kozhundu Nathar
- Amman / Thayar :Azhagia Kadhali, Amodnambal Kadanthai Nayak
- Thala Virutcham : Shenbagam
- Theertham : Kayilai Theertham, Indira theertham Mukkulam, Vellaru
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Pannagadam
- Location : Pennadam,Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
This is Saint Kalikkamba Nayanar ‘s birthplace-one of 63 Nayanmars and Saint Meikandar-the first of 4 “Santhana Kuravars” He is regarded as a founder of philosophy in Saiva.
This temple is believed to have been built in early Chola era. This place ‘s historical names are-Soundarya Chola Puram, Thiru Kadanthai, Parvathi Puram, Pushpavanam, Dhayarasapathi, etc. Like Sri Sudarkozhunthu Nathar and Sri Kaivazhangeesar the lord of this temple is praised.
In the corridors you will see the shrines and idols of Lords Vinai Theertha Vinayakar, Murugan with his consorts, Natarajar and Sivakami, Kasi Viswanathar, Dakshinamurthy, Nalvar, Navagraham, Goddess Mahalakshmi and Saptha Madakkal.