Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Prananadeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva situated in the village of Thirumangalakudi, 2 kilometres from the Aduthurai. Appar’s hymns glorify the Temple.
- Moolavar : Prananatheswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Mangalambikai
- Thala Virutcham : Kongu, Ilavu and Vellerukku
- Theertham :Mangala Theertham (Cauvery) Also Surya and Chandra theerthams
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirumangalakudi
- Location : Thirumangalakudi, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 38th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River.
Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. The Lingam Banam in this temple is very large and taller than the Avudayar.
In this temple, there are six stone inscriptions related to the time of Chola Kings Kulothungan, Rajarajan and Pallava King Kopperunsingan. The Chola King Kulothungan restored this temple during the 11th century.