Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 32nd Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River.
Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. Kanattumullur is on the Chidambaram – Kattumannarkoil – Omampuliyur road, at a distance of about 22 km from Chidambaram. It is really similar to village Muttam. This place is about 5 kms away from Omampuliyur.
- Moolavar : Patanjaleeswarar
- Urchavar : Somaskandar
- Amman / Thayar :Kola Valai Kai Ambicai Ambica with beautiful bangles in hands
- Thala Virutcham : Erukku
- Theertham : Surya Pushkarini
- Agamam / Pooja : Shivagama
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirukanattumullur
- Location : Kanattampuliyur, Cuddalore,Tamil Nadu.
The Mathookavanam, Athishta Miruthika Kshetram and Thiru Kanattu Mullur are the historical names of this location.
In the main hall and corridors, besides the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, the shrines and idols of Niruthi Vinayakar, Murugan with his consorts, Natarajar, Nalvar, Suryan, Chandran, Bairavar, Kasi Viswanathar with Visalakshi, Gajalakshmi and Saneeswarar. No Navagraham is in here.
Devotees worship Sage Pathanjali here to seek salvation from serpent planet’s adverse effects.