Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Pasupatheeswarar Temple, Avoor or Avoor Pasupatheeswaram is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva, located in the village of Avoor, 12 km south of Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. The temple is one of the 70 madakoil that Chola king of the 2nd century, Kochengat Chola, constructed.
- Moolavar:Sri Pasupatheeswarar, Sri Asvaththanathar, Sri Avoor Udaiyar, Sri Pasupathi Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Mangalambikai, Sri Pangajavalli
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham, Kamadhenu Theertham, Chandra Theertham, Agni Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Arasu (peepal tree)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location:Avoor ,Pasupatheecharam, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 21st Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the Southern bank of the Cauveri River.
This temple is called “Then Kayilayam,” and is considered as auspicious as the Kailash peak.
This temple is counted as one of the King Kochengat Cholan established Maadak Koils.