Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Sri Mullaivana Nathar Temple is a Hindu temple situated in Thirukarukavoor, Tamil Nadu , India, dedicated to Shiva.
- Moolavar : Mullaivana Nathar
- Amman / Thayar :Karu Katha Nayaki – Garpa Rakshaka Aambica
- Thala Virutcham : Mullai – belonging to Jasmine family
- Theertham : Paal Kulam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirukaruhavur
- Location : Thirukarukavur,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
Lord Shiva is a swayambumurthi in the shape of an anthill presiding over Deity. Since no abishek with liquid products could be done, only a punugu paste (a cosmetic paste) is provided-punugu chattam in Tamil.
Earlier the place was dense with Mullai plants – which belonged to the jasmine family – from which the Shivalinga was created. Those scars are still evident on the Linga, as the plants covered the Linga.
The place has been considered a place of protection for pregnant women since days of yore. Lord and Mother shield these women from any issues such as abortion, and ensure that the child is born safely.