Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Tiruchopuram Mangalapureeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple in Cuddalore district , Tamil Nadu, India, situated at Tiruchopuram. Shiva is the presiding Deity. He ‘s called Mangalapureeswarar. His consort has the name of Thyagavalliammai.
- Moolavar : Chopuranathar, Mangalapureeswarar
- Urchavar : Chopuranathar
- Amman / Thayar :Thyagavalli Ammai, Sathyayadakshi, Velnedunganni
- Thala Virutcham : Kondrai
- Theertham : Well water
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiruchopuram, Thyagavalli
- Location : Tiruchopuram, Thyagavalli, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams, and is Nadu Naadu ‘s 6th Shiva Sthalam.
The temple is very close to the shores of the Bay of Bengal and is believed to have been founded by Thiyagavalli, the wife of the King Kulothungan-III Chola (also known as Chakravarthi Thirubhuvana).
In the main hall and corridors can be seen the shrines and idols of Lords Vinayakar, Murugan with his consorts, Natarajar, Gajalakshmi, Visalakshi and Viswanathar, Veerateswarar, Kannappa Nayanar, Chola king and Thiyagavalli, 63 Nayanmars, Dakshinamurthy, Durgai, Chandikeswarar, Agasthiar, Suryan, Bairavar, and Navagraham.