Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 23rd Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Manavaleswara Swamy, Sri Kalyanasundareswarar
- Ambal:Sri Parimala Sugantha Nayaki
- Theertham (Holy water):Mangala Theertham, Gaudhuka Panthana Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilva tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1, Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-2.
- Location: Thiru Velvikudi,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
For marriage based doshas this is a “parihara sthalam. “There is a 3-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram) in this east facing temple and it has 2 corridors.
In this temple there are some stone inscriptions that refer to the times of the Chola Queen Sembian Madevi and King Paranthaka Cholan-I. This temple was restored by King Paranthaka Cholan by constructing it with brick.
In addition to the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, in the corridors you can see the shrines and idols of Valanchuzhi Vinayakar, Murugan, Natarajar, Sage Agasthiyar, Nalvar, Esana Murthy, Gajalakshmi, Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Anjaneyar, Suryan and Kala Bairavar.