Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 28th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai), on the northern side of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This temple is commonly regarded as the temple of “Siva Bhakta Anjaneyar.”
- Moolavar:Sri Kundalakarneswarar
- Ambal:Sri Elasoundari, Sri Kuntalambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Pazhavaru / Ganapathy river
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Ashoka tree, Vilva tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Thirukurakkukka,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There is no main tower (Rajagopuram) in this east facing temple but there is a lovely arch at the entry.
No flag post (dwajasthambam) appears here. There is a single hallway in the temple.
On 04.09.2017, the last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed.