Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 35th Shiva Sthalam on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
- Moolavar : Kokileswarar, Kozhamba Nathar
- Amman / Thayar : Soundarya Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Vilwa and Jasmine
- Theertham : Brahmma Theertham
- Old year : 500-1000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirukozhambam
- Location: Tiru Kozhambiam,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu
The main tower of this East facing temple is not tiered. There is a beautiful sculpture in place of the Gopuram which depicts Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy. The inner tower does have 3-thirds, however.
This temple contains no flag post (Dwajasthambam). There are 2 corridors to this shrine.
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 22.03.2000.