Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Thirukoteeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple situated at Thirukodikaval in Tamil Nadu , India, Thiruvidaimarudur taluk district of Thanjavur. To Shiva is dedicated the temple.
- Moolavar: Sri Kodeeswarar, Sri Vedhravaneswarar
- Ambal:Sri Thiripurasundari, Sri Vadivambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Sirungothbava Theertham, Cauvery river, Mukkodi Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Pirambu (cane variety)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Thirukkodikkaval, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 37th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River.
Around 50 inscriptions in stone are in this shrine. This ancient temple was constructed about 1,300 years ago, according to the inscriptions. These inscriptions refer to separate kingdoms-the early Pallavas and later Pallavas, Pandiya King Maran Sadayan and Chola Kings Rajarajan-I, Kulothungan-I and Kulothungan-III.
In 970 AD, its mother, Queen Sembiyan Madevi (wife of Chola King Gandaradithyan), rebuilt this temple using stones during King Uthama Chola ‘s reign.