Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 17th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Kannayiram Udayar Sri Kannayira Nathar,Sri Sahasranethreswarar
- Ambal:Sri Murugu Valarkothai Nayaki, Sri Kodaiyammai,Sri Sugantha Kundhalambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Indra Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Sarakkontrai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thirukannaar Koil (Kurumaanakkudi),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There are two halls to this east facing shrine. It does not have a main tower (Rajagopuram), but there is a lovely arch in its location.
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed on 09.02.2004.
It’s assumed that this ancient temple is more than 2000 years old.