Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 36th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Gomuktheeswarar, Sri Masilamaneeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Oppillamulaiyammai, Sri Athulyakujambal, Sri Abhaya Gujambal
- Theertham (Holy water):Gomukthi Theertham, Padma Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Padar Arasu (Peepal tree)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Thiruvavaduthurai, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) make their Pathigams.
In this location resided Saint Thirumoolar, one of the 63 Nayanmars and one of the 18 Siddhars.
This position was home to Thirumaaligai Thevar, a staunch Shiva devotee and one of the 63 celebrated Nayanmars.