Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 96th Shiva Sthalam on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
- Moolavar: Sri Gnanaparameswarar, Sri Mayanathu Paramaswamy, Sri Mayanathu Moolathanathu Peruman.
- Ambal: Sri Gnanambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Gnana Theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1
- Location:Thirumeignanam,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This temple facing East has no main tower (Rajagopuram) but has a lovely gateway with Lord Shiva sculptures and Goddess Parvathy sculptures.
It is assumed that this temple was originally built in the early Chola era, and was later constructed by Aditya Chola-I using granite.
In this temple there are 23 stone inscriptions, which date back to the times of different Chola kings beginning from Paranthaka Chola-I.