Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Thenupuriswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Shiva located in Patteeswaram holy village, Tamil Nadu , India. Shiva is worshipped as Thenupuriswarar, and the lingam is represented here. Described as Nyanambikai is his consort Parvati.
- Moolavar:Sri Dhenupureeswarar, Sri Patteeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Palvalainayagi, Sri Gnanambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Gnanavavi, Kodi Theertham, Gayathri Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location: Patteeswaram,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 23rd Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
This temple is famous for Goddess Durgai, and is popularly known as the temple of Durgai Amman.
This ancient temple stands on the Thirumalairayan River’s northern side. This temple is very wide and spread over a sprawling temple complex of 4.4 acres. It has four main towers at three of its four entrances.