Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 48th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Brahmapureeswarar, Sri Peruman Adigal
- Ambal:Sri Aamla Gujambikai, Sri Vaadamulai Ammai, Sri Malarkuzhal Minnammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham / Asvathi Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Kontrai tree / Vilva tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy Nayanar.
- Location: Thirumeignanam, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) made their Pathigams.
This temple is one of the 55 Shivasthalams in Tamil Nadu, facing west.
In this temple, there is no main tower (Rajagopuram). There is a 3-tiered second tower, however. There are two halls at this temple.