Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 12th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Aranya Sundareswarar
- Ambal:Sri Akilandeswari
- Theertham (Holy water):Amirtha, Poigai Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Panneer flower tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location: Keezhai Thirukkattupalli,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There is a single hallway to this west facing shrine. It does not have a main tower (Rajagopuram) but there is a small and beautiful arch in its location.
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed on 24.01.2007.
In the corridors, besides the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, there are shrines and idols of Vinayakar, Murugan, Bairavar, Suryan and Saneeswarar.