Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Rathnagiriswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva, situated at Thirumarugal, 10 km east of Nannilam, Near Nagapatnam, Tamil Nadu , India. It is one of the 275 Paadal Petra Sthalams, where the glories of this temple are sung by two of the most revered Nayanars, Appar and Tirugnana Sambandar.
- Moolavar : Ratnagiriswarar – Manicka Vannar
- Amman / Thayar : Vanduvar Kuzhali
- Thala Virutcham : Vazhai (Plantain) – Marugal
- Theertham : Lakshmi – Manicka Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Marugal
- Location : Marugal, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
It is one of the 275 Paadal Petra Sthalams, where the glories of this temple are sung by two of the most revered Nayanars (Saivite Saints), Appar and Tirugnana Sambandar.
This is the 197th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and the 80th Sthalam in Chozha Nadu, on the south side of the Cauvery River.
This is one of the temples where Lord Shiva put his 64 holy plays (Thiruvilayadal) into practise.