Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Kayarohanaswami Temple, Nagapattinam is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Siva located in Tamil Nadu , India, in the town of Nagapattinam. The presiding deity is known as Kayarohana and Nilayathakshi is his consort.
- Moolavar : Kayaroganeswarar
- Urchavar : Chandrasekharar
- Amman / Thayar : Neelayadhakshi
- Thala Virutcham : Mango
- Theertham : Pundarikaksha Theertham
- Agamam / Pooja : Kameekam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Nagai Karonam
- Location : Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
It’s believed the lord blessed his devotee Sage Pundari with his body to attain moksha.
The rishi also asked for moksha for his descendants, and the body is brought to the temple gate until this day, when someone from the sage ‘s family dies, where the lord’s clothes and guirnal clothes are brought to adorn the body, thereby blessing it.
Neelayadakshi is the goddess in here. Neelayadakshi means the blue-eyed one.