Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Kannayariamudayar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in Thirukkarayil, Tamilnadu district of Thiruvarur. In the Devaram hymns sung by the 7th century Tamil Saivite poet, Sambandar, the temple is revered and is known as Paadal Petra Sthalam.
- Moolavar : Kannayira Nathar
- Amman / Thayar : Kailasanayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Jack tree-
- Theertham : Brahmma theertham, Sesha theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirukarayil
- Location : Tirukaravasal,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
This Shivastalam (Tirukkaaraivaasal) is considered to be one of the 7 temples of Sapta Vitanka, housing the shrines of Thyagaraja-Somaskandar associated with the legend of Muchukunda Chola.
Thirukkarayil is 13 km south of the town of Tiruvarur. In the sequence of Thevara Sthalams in the Chola area south of the river Cauvery, this shrine is known as the 119th.
Lord Shiva in the temple is a Swayambumurthy, and is called Kannayira Nathar. Mother is referred to as Nayaki Kailasa.