Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Chayavanam is situated in Nagapattinam district, near Sirkali. Chayavanam can be reached by bus from Sirkali to Poombuhar. It is one of the seven great shiva temples which is considered equal to Kasi.
- Moolavar : Chaya Vaneswarar
- Amman / Thayar :Kuyilinum Inia Mozhiyal – Ambica with a voice sweeter than of a nightingale
- Thala Virutcham : Korai
- Theertham :Iravadham, Cauvery and confluence of springs
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiru Chaikadu, Melayur
- Location : Sayavanam Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
The temple occupies approximately 2 acres of land around the temple, and a reservoir.
A swayambumurthy is Lord Shiva in the temple. It is also here that, instead of his normal Velayudham sword, Lord Muruga keeps his bow and arrow, preparing for the war against Soorapadman.
It’s also said that Lord Muruga’s statue was discovered in the sea and carried to the temple from there. The Veeragandamani (anklet) presented by Father Lord Shiva on his right leg is also worn by Muruga.