Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Bhuminathaswamy Temple is dedicated to Hindu God Shiva located at Thiruchuli near Aruppukkottai in Virudhunagar District of Tamilnadu. Thiruchuli is a village about 15 kilometres to the east of Aruppukkottai, 40 km east of Virudhunagar and 45 km south of Madurai. This shrine is known as the 12th of the Tevara Stalams in the Pandya region of Tamilnadu.The temple is visited by thousands of pilgrims during the year who come here to seek blessings of the Lord.
- Moolavar :Thirumeni Nathar, Chuzhikesar, PralayaVidangar, Dhanunathar, Manakola Nathar,Kalyana Sundarar, Bhuvaneswarar,Bhoomeeswarar.
- Amman / Thayar :Thunaimalai Ammai, Sahayavalli,Swarnamalai, MuthumalaiUmayal,Manickamalai.
- Thala Virutcham : Arasu, Punnai trees.
- Theertham :Bagavari River (Kundaru), Kavvaikadal opposite the Temple, also called Olipunari.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old.
- Historical Name : Thiruchuzhial.
- Location : Thiruchuli,Virudhunagar,Tamil Nadu.
It is considered to be a very holy spot, primarily because it is Sri Ramana Maharishi ‘s birthplace, kept by many to be the 20th century’s most revered Indian saint.
Thiruchuli is situated on the western bank of the Gundar.
The Presiding Deity is called the Bhoominathar, and the Thunaimalai Amman is called the Goddess.
The temple has undergone extensive renovations and a number of shrines constructed over time inside the high boundary walls built during Muthuramalinga Sethupathi ‘s reign are housed in the present complex.