Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Arulmigu Paraithurainathar Swamy Temple is a Hindu Temple in Thirupparaithurai, dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Trichy Tamilnadu District.
- Moolavar : Paraithurainathar, Tharukavaneswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Pasumpon Mayilambikai
- Thala Virutcham : Parai tree
- Theertham : Akanda Cauvery
- Agamam / Pooja : Sivagama
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Akanda Cauvery
- Location: Tiruparaithurai, Thiruchirapalli,Tamil Nadu.
Even the site is named in Sanskrit language as Tharukavanam. It was known as Rajagambiranallur during the time of Raja Raja Chola II.
It is assumed that the temple was built in the 10th century AD during the reign of Parantaka Chola I (though the temple was present in a different form (probably as a brick temple) from at least the 7th century AD). It is situated on the banks of the Akanda Kaveri river (the widest point of the Cauvery river).
Presiding Deity is called as Tharuka Vaneswarar / Paraithurai Nathar and Mother is known as Hemavarnaambal / Pasumponmyilambal. On the 18th day of the Tamil month of Purattasi, the sun’s rays illuminate the sanctum.