Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Annamalaiyar Temple, is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Shiva, situated at the base of Arunachala hill in the city of Thiruvannamalai in Tamil Nadu , India.
- Moolavar : Arunachaleswar, Annamalaiar.
- Amman / Thayar : Abithagujambal, Unnamulayal
- Thala Virutcham : Magizha tree
- Theertham : Shivaganga
- Agamam / Pooja : Karana, Kameekam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiruvannamalai
- Location : Tiruvannamalai, Tiruvannamalai,Tamil Nadu.
The Founder Lord Bramha and Lord Thirumal the Protector entered into a dispute among themselves to decide who was the best.
Lord Siva has been called upon to be the judge. Lord Siva advised them that the best would be someone who could see his crown, as well as his feet.
Then Lord Siva was transformed into a Jothi (a column of fire) that touched the heavens and the earth. Thirumal took the varaha avatar (wild boar) and searched deep into the soil to find the feet of Siva but ultimately admitted defeat. Bramha took a swan shape, and flew to see Siva ‘s crown.