Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Agneeswarar Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, situated in Thirukkollikkadu, Tamilnadu District of Thiruvarur.
- Moolavar : Agneeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Panjin Melladi Ammai, Mrudu Pada Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Vilwa
- Theertham : Agni Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Keeralathur
- Location : Tirukollikadu,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
The place ‘s ancient name is Keeralathur. It is one of 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams shrines-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil Saivite Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar in the early mediaeval poem Thevaram.
This is the 232nd Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and the 115th Sthalam in Chozha Nadu, on the south side of River Cauvery.
The ancient temple was built with bricks from Chola Kings (1500 years ago). This temple was later rebuilt as a granite structure by Raja Raja I.