Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Vanchinadha Swamy Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in Srivanchiyam in Tamilnadu’s Thiruvarur District. For the Gods of the Hindu pantheon, there are several temples in South India. But for Yama-the God of Death, there are hardly any. He is, however, enshrined in regular worship at Srivanchiyam and granted preference.
- Moolavar : Vanchinadeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Mangala Nayaki, Vazha Vandha Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Sandal
- Theertham : Gupta Ganga, Ema Theertham
- Agamam / Pooja : Kameekam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiru Vanchiam
- Location : Sri Vanchiam,Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
The whole temple complex has a strong granite structure which signifies the construction of Chozha.
The Temple is regarded as being on par with Kasi. The most sacred and similar to Varanasi are said to be six places on the banks of the river Cauvery: Thiruvengadu, Tiruvaiyaru, Sayavanam, Mayuram, Thiruvidaimarudur and Srivanchiyam.
Srivanchiyam is one-sixteenth more holy of these than Kasi (Varanasi). Both four Saivite Saint Poets worship the Temple.