Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Thoovanayanar Thoovainathar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated at Thiruvarur East Street in the city of Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu district. The Temple is also known as the Temple of Thoovai Nayanar / Durvasar. The location has the name Arur Paravayunmandali.
- Moolavar : Thoovainathar
- Urchavar : Sathyavakeeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Panchin Mennadiyal
- Thala Virutcham : Jack tree
- Theertham : Akashatheertham
- Agamam / Pooja : Kamiya Agamam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Arurparavaiyunmandazhi
- Location : Thoovanayanar koil, Tiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
Sthala Theertham is Akasha Theertham and Jack-tree is Sthala Vriksham.
It is one of 276 Paadal Petra Sthalams shrines-Shiva Sthalams glorified by Tamil Saivite Nayanar Tirugnanasambandar in the early mediaeval poem Thevaram.
This is the 206th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam on the south side of the Cauvery River and 89th Sthalam. This Temple is under the jurisdiction of the main temple at Thiruvarur.