Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 25th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
- Moolavar:Sri Kapartheeswarar, Sri Karpaganatheswarar, Sri Senchatai Nathar, Sri Valanchuzhi Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Mangalanayagi, Sri Brahannayaki, Sri Periyanakai Amman
- Theertham (Holy water):River Cauvery, Arasalaru and Jada Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree): Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-3 and Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-3.
- Location:ThiruValanchuzhi,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This temple is known popularly as the temple of “Vellai Pillayar” (White Vinayakar).
This temple facing east has three halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).