Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 51st Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Yazhmurinathar, Sri Dharmapureeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Madhuraminnammai, Sri Thenamirthavalli, Sri Abhayambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Vishnu Theertham/ Dharma Theertham, Brahma Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Plantain / Banana tree (“Vaazhai”)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
A 5-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram) has this east-facing temple and it has two corridors.
The last consecration ceremony (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place on 09.02.2017 and prior to that on 20.04.1969.
This is where Saint Thiru Neelakanda Yazhpanar’s mother was born. One of the 63 Nayanmars is Yazhpanar.
This is one of the 27 temples which Dharumapuram Aadheenam has administrative power over.