Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Sri Vruddhapureeswarar Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated in Tirupunavasal, Tamilnadu District, Pudukkottai.
- Moolavar : Vruddhapureeswarar (Pazhampathinathar)
- Amman / Thayar : Periyanayaki
- Thala Virutcham :Punnai, Chathurkalli, Magizham and Kurundam
- Theertham : Lakshmi and Brahmma theertham
- Agamam / Pooja : sivakamam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Punnaivanam
- Location : Tirupunavasal, Pudukkottai,Tamil Nadu.
Lord Brahmma had to sacrifice his role as Founder because he could not justify the importance of the Pranava Mantra. He came to earth as Mother Parvathi had suggested, installed a Sivalinga and worshipped to get his place back.
Even Brahmma built a tank to collect water from Lord Shiva’s abishek.
It is called Brahmma as the spring was formed by him
He also made four faces, since Brahmma has four faces
In the Linga too, features came to be known as the Linga
Four faces – Chaturmuka Linga – Chaturmukha. This is what it was
In the early days Linga worshipped by devotees.