Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Tiruvaikavur Temple or Thiruvaikavur Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in Tiruvaikavur holy town, Tamil Nadu , India. The temple embodies Tirugnana Sambandar’s hymns, and is known as Paadal Petra Sthalam.
- Moolavar:Sri Vilvavaneswarar, Sri Vilvavana Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Sarvajana Rakshaki, Sri Valaikkai Valliammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Yama Theertham, Agni Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location:Thiruvaikavur,Thanjavur , Tamil Nadu.
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 48th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River.
The main tower of this East facing temple is not tiered. There are beautiful sculptures in place of the Gopuram which depict Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathy, Vinayakar, Murugan, Brahma and Mahavishnu.
Devotees assume that their prayers will be heard and resolved through adoration of Goddess Sarvajana Rakshaki here.