Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 113th Shiva Sthalam on the Southern bank of the river Cauvery in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai). Lord Shiva in this temple is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested).This temple is one of the “Pancha Aaranya Sthalam”.
- Moolavar:Sri Vilvaranyeswarar, Sri Vilva Vana Nathar, Sri Kollambuthur Udaiyar.
- Ambal:Sri Soundara Nayagi, Sri Azhakiya Nayagi.
- Theertham (Holy water): Brahma Theertham, Agasthiya Theertham, Ganga Theertham, Kaandeepa Theertham, River Vettaru.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirugnanasambanthar .
- Location:Thirukkollamputhur (Thirukkalampur), Thiruvarur,Tamil Nadu.
Here Saint Thirugnanasambanthar sung a pathigam to hold his raft floating on an overflowing river. He crossed the river to reach the temple without the aid of a boatman. This temple facing east has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed on 01.07.1979.
According to legend this area was a heavily populated woodland of Vilva trees in ancient times. Vilvam trees are also called “Koovilam” and hence the name Koovilambuthur comes from this location. It was later converted into Kollambuthur.