Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 26th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. Lord Shiva is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested) in this temple. This is one of the Atta Veeratta Sthalams.
- Moolavar:Sri Veeratteswarar
- Ambal:Sri Gnanambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Soola Theertham, Pasupathi Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Katukkai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-2
- Location: Thiru Kurukkai (Korukkai) ,Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu.
There are two corridors to this west facing temple and it has a 5-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram).
On 29.04.1959, the last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) was performed. Yogeesapuram, Kaamathakanapuram, and Kampakaapuram are the historical names of this location.
In this temple, the stone inscriptions date back to the days of the kingdoms of Chola and Vijayanagara.