Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 41st Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the River Cauvery. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Veerateswarar, Sri Dakshapureeswarar, Sri Yaga Samharamurthi.
- Ambal:Sri Ilamkombanayal, Sri Balambikai.
- Theertham (Holy water):Uthiravedhika, Homa Kundam, Chandra Pushkarani.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Paarijadam (Pavazha Malli) tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thiru Parialur (Keezha Parasalur),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the “Atta (eight) Veeratta Sthalam” and the fourth is this temple.
This west facing temple has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
In the year 2011, the last consecration ceremony (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place.