Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Vedapuriswarar Temple, Thiruvedhikudi or Vazhaimadunathar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva located near Tiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu , India, in Thiruvedhikudi.
- Moolavar:Sri Vedhapureeswarar, Sri Aaravamuthu Nathar,Sri Vaazhaimadunathar.
- Ambal:Sri Mangaiyarkkarasi.
- Theertham (Holy water):Vedha Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by : Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1,Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location: Thiruvethikudi,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 14th Shiva Sthalams in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the Southern bank of the Cauvery River.
There are some stone inscriptions dating back to the Aditha Chola-I, Kopparakesari Varman and Korajakesari Varman times. The lord of this temple is called “Vedhikudi Mahadevar” and “Parakesari Chathurvedhi Mangalathu Mahadevar” in these inscriptions.
In the corridor you can see the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, the shrines and idols of Maha Ganapathy, Subramaniyar, Vedha Vinayakar (“Sevi Saitha Vinayakar”), Murugan and his consorts, Lakshmi Narayanar, Anjaneyar, Mahalakshmi, 108 Shivalingams and Chandikeswarar.