Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 38th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Vedapureeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Soundarambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Veda Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree): White Sandalwood tree and Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thiruvazhunthur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
One of the seventy Maadak Koils founded by King Kochengat Cholan is counted as this temple.
In this temple, there are six stone inscriptions that refer to the time of the Kulothungan-III and Rajarajan Chola Kings.
This west facing temple has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).