Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Vasishteswarar Temple is situated in the village of Thittai, a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vasishteswarar is 11 kilometres from the town of Thanjavur. The temple was founded by the Cholas and dates from the 12th century A.D.
- Moolavar:Sri Vashishteswarar, Sri Dhenupureeswarar,Sri Pasupathinathar.
- Ambal:Sri Suganda Kundalambikai, Sri Ulaganayagi,Sri Mangaleswari.
- Theertham (Holy water):Pasu Theertham, Soola Theertham, Chakra Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Mullai, Chenbagam and Chevvanthi
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thenkudithittai,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 15th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
Water drops fall from the ceiling without fail every 24 minutes on the principal deity in the sanctum sanctorum.
Stone inscriptions dated from the 10th and 12th centuries are available here. It’s believed the Chola King Kulothungan founded this temple. In 1922, Sri Ramaswamy Chettiar of Chettinadu Nagarathar rebuilt the entire temple using granite.