Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 33rd Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Vaikalnatheswarar
- Ambal:Sri Vaikal Ambigai, Sri Kombiyal Kothai
- Theertham (Holy water):Shenbaka Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Shenbaka Plant
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location:Vaikal Maadakkoil,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This temple is counted as one of the King Kochengat Cholan established Maadak Koils.
This temple, facing east, has a single corridor and there are no floors in its main tower.
Vaikal sits on the southern side of the Nattaru River. It is estimated that this ancient temple was built by the Cholas.