Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is the 16th sthalam at river Cauvery ‘s northern foot. Thiruganasambandar sang hymns in honour of this temple’s Lord Shiva. A Hindu temple dedicated to the god Shiva, situated in Tamil Nadu , India, is Vaitheeswaran Temple or Pullirukkuvelur. As Vaitheeswaran or the “Angel of recovery,” Shiva is worshipped and it is believed that prayers to Vaitheeswaran can cure diseases.It is one of nine temples affiliated with the planet Mars (Angaraka) in the Navagraha (nine planets).
- Moolavar : Sri Vaidhyanathar
- Amman/Thayar: Sri Thaiyal nayagi
- Holy water (Theertham) : Siddhamirtham.
- Sacred Tree (Sthala Vriksham) : Vembu (Neem tree).
- Thevaram : Thirunavukarasar ; Sambandar
- Location : Sirkazhi, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
In the temple, Lord Shiva is a swayambumurthi. The temple ‘s five towers-Gopurams are on a straight line. There is a very successful Maragatha Linga (Emerald Linga).
There are two flag posts — Kodimaram, made of silver and gold before the presiding deity.
The nine planets of Navagra are normally faced in various directions in Shiva temples on the front side of the sanctum.